Now that the air is getting crisper, it’s time to transition your skincare routine. Fall brings its own set of challenges for your skin as we are faced with drier air and the potential of that post-summer skin damage. To help you navigate these seasonal changes, we’re sharing the expertise from one of our licensed estheticians to keep your skin healthy, hydrated, and radiant during the autumn months.
- Switch to a Gentle Cleanser:This might be a no brainer, but your skin may be experiencing some loss of moisture. To avoid over-stripping your skin, opt for a gentle, hydrating cleanser. Some of our favorites include the Intelligent Elixirs Rose Foaming Cleanser and Glo Beauty Gentle Cream Cleanser formulated to nourish your skin’s natural moisture barrier.
- Exfoliate, but Don’t Overdo It:It’s important to adjust your exfoliation routine for this time of year to avoid disrupting your skin’s moisture barrier. Opt for a milder exfoliant and reduce usage to prevent over stripping the skin. I absolutely LOVE the Pumpkin Enzyme Mask from Sanita’s once or twice a week. Enzymes are an excellent way to incorporate exfoliation for even the most sensitive skin types.
- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate:Hydration is key during the fall and winter months. Consider adding in hydrating serum like Hydrating B5 Serum or Cloud Comfort Cream Moisturizer to your routine, and don’t forget your lips. Keep a nourishing lip balm like Ormedic Lip Complex handy (if you know, you know!) to prevent dry, irritated lips.
- Don’t Skip out on Sunscreen:Just because summer is over doesn’t mean you can skip out on the SPF. UV rays are present year-round and can still cause unwanted skin damage even on cloudy days. As a matter of fact, if you live in climates where you see a lot of snow fall, you can experience almost a double dose of exposure when UV rays are reflected off the snow. Makes you think twice before going outside, eh? Choose a moisturizer with SPF or layer a tinted sunscreen like Tinted Broad Spectrum for your makeup free days for added protection.
- Load up on Antioxidants:Fall is a great time to introduce antioxidant-rich products into your routine. Antioxidants help protect your skin from environmental damage and can boost your collagen production. Look for serums or moisturizers with ingredients like vitamin C, E, or green tea extract. Some of our go to products include the Antioxidant Moisturizer and Firma-Bright Serum as your AM serum.
- Stay Hydrated from the Inside Out:Remember that skincare isn’t just about what you put on your skin; it’s also about what you put in your body. Drink plenty of water and incorporate hydrating foods like fruits and vegetables into your diet. Your skin and body with thank you 😉
- Don’t Forget Your Body:While facial skincare often takes center stage, don’t neglect the rest of your body. As the weather gets cooler, consider switching to a richer body moisturizer like Bakuchiol Moisturizer is loaded with antioxidants and organic Gotu Kola for added nourishment.
- Invest in a Humidifier:As the air gets drier, especially if you’re using indoor heating, a humidifier can add moisture back into the air. This can help combat dry skin and even improve your overall comfort.
- Consult with a Licensed Esthetician: Lastly, consider scheduling a consultation with a licensed esthetician. They can assess your skin’s specific needs and recommend customized treatments and products tailored to your unique concerns. You can connect with an esthetician in your area or take our skincare quiz to get matched with products for your unique skin care needs.